Those of you who miss the Pratt Street Ale House, Slider’s Bar and Grill, Pickles Pub, “Natty Boh”, Maryland crabcakes, the Inner Harbor, and Fell’s Point will be glad to know that EMS Today is back in Baltimore Feb 25-28, 2015!
I like the Smithsonian as much as the next guy (all right, probably more than the next guy) but Baltimore feels like the spiritual home of EMS Today! That’s probably because of all the great times we’ve had there in years past. Remember “EMS 2.0” and solving the world’s problems over a couple of beers at Uno’s Pizza? Were we naive back then? Prescient? A little of both?
The world has changed, EMS has changed, and many of the faces and names have changed, but I’m okay with that! In rugby the real action is in the “second phase of play.” Let’s not just go back to Baltimore to recapture the magic of those days, let’s go back to Baltimore and create some new magic.
Things to do (highlights):
- Keynote address will be delivered by none other than Gordon Graham
- Ride along with Baltimore City Fire Department (space limited)
- Check out the Physio-Control podcast studio and say hi to Jamie Davis
- Watch the JEMS Games (congrats to Cumberland County EMS for their win last year)
- Check out the latest innovations in the Exhibit Hall
- Observe an autopsy at the Maryland Office of the Medical Examiner
- Attend the Advanced Community Paramedicine Workshop
- Participate in the Advanced Airway Cadaver Lab
- Attend NEMSMA’s EMS Officer Leadership Workshop
- Take advantage of the rare opportunity to attend the Resuscitation Academy on the east coast!
- Watch Team EMS 12-Lead win the STEMI showdown! (just kidding – would rather one of YOU win the STEMI showdown!)
We will highlight some of our favorite breakout sessions in the next couple of weeks.
You can review all of the pre-conference workshops (>>>Â hereÂ <<<).
In the meantime here’s some exciting news to help you “pull the trigger” on EMS Today!
For a limited time (until January 19) youÂ can take advantage of early bird registration. That confers a significant discount.
In addition you can use:
Promo code: EMS12LEAD
For an additional $15 discount on your registration ($100.00 discountÂ from regular price).
We are not the only onesÂ offering a promo code but to be honest it’s nice to see JEMS and PennWell getting the EMS bloggers a little more involved in event planning and social media strategy! You can show your support for Team EMS 12-Lead by using the EMS12LEAD promo code when you register.
You should alsoÂ follow the #EMSToday2015 hashtagÂ on Twitter before, during, and after the conference! We’re hoping to arrange a meet-up!