Today at the American Heart Association’s Scientific Sessions 2010, Physio-Control announced the release of LIFENET 5.0 and a new partnership with AirStrip Technologies.
New features available in LIFENET 5.0 include:
- LIFENET Consult – iPhone application allows physicians to perform rapid consults and provides decision support remotely to EMS and hospital care teams. The LIFENET Consult app is available for download from the iPhone App Store.
- LIFENET OnePush – Automated protocol activation, notifies necessary caregivers and allows hospital teams more time to prepare for incoming patients.
- LIFENET ePCR Delivery – Enables efficient and secure remote delivery of electronic patient care records (ePCR) to hospital printers or electronic medical record systems.
- LIFENET Asset –Provides LIFEPAK device overview and management across entire fleet including automated alerts on device status, usage information, management of setup options and software updates.
- Enhanced data integration – Enables EMS and hospitals to capture more patient data and combine it for a more-complete view of the patient.
If you’re not familiar with AirStrip Technologies some of their mobile wireless solutions were featured in this TED Med talk in October 2009: Eric Topol: The wireless future of medicine.
Here’s another video featuring Cameron Powell, M.D.
This post was derived in part from a press release sent by Physio-Control with whom Tom Bouthillet has no conflict of interest.